New Site!

Hello Friends! Follow this link to my newest site! JLopezArt

1.12.2011

Cane + Austin Product Review

The following is a product review for which I was compensated in products.


 I have been using the Cane + Austin Retexturizing Treatment Pads for a little over a month now and here is what I have discovered.

Cane + Austin is: 

Cane + Austin is the formulation of Dr Craig Austin, MD, Dermatology NY.
Dr. Austin is a Professor of Dermatology and Dermatopathology at two major dermatology programs in New York City.

His goal is to bring the great results of Glycolic peels, which were expensive, to the home user at a less expensive price.

He chose pure, natural, active and safe pharmaceutical grade ingredients, and set out  to make the product great for both men and women. (Cane + Austin uses Pure Sugar Cane)

There are two types of treatment pads:

Retexturizing Treatment Pads
Acne Treatment Pads

I used mainly the Retexturizing Treatment Pads, as I have aging skin and only have sporatic breakouts. The directions say only to use them twice a day, followed by moisturizer, so I used the pads daily, in place of the exfoliator in my regular skincare routine.

I used the Acne Treatment Pads to spot treat my occasional breakouts with great results.

What Cane + Austin Claims:
  • Comparable to a Glycolic treatment in a doctor's office
  • With daily use at home, these pads are MORE effective and have less side effects than a single deeper chemical peel.
  • Simple and effective
  • Reduce Fine Lines and Wrinkles
  • Increase Luminosity
What Cane + Austin Does:

  • No adverse side effects
  • Easy to use
  • Reduced Fine Lines and Wrinkles
  • Increased Luminosity

My overall opinion is that this product is great for aging and problematic skin. It really clarifies the skin tone and smooths the surface. It brightens and gives the skin a healthy glow. (I really noticed my skin brighten and even out in color.) The pads are a little drying to the skin, but using the right moisturizer helped balance the skin and eliminate that dryness.  I experienced some stinging upon application. It was worse at first, but I became less sensitive the longer I used the product. The pads were easy to use. I simply swiped my face with the pad and followed with a moisturizer.

My concern is that the directions are so minimal. I was confused at first, because I wasn't sure whether to cleanse first? Do I need to cleanse? Still not sure. If I wasn't a salon professional, would I know what to do here? In my opinion, there are so many questions to ask before using a product of this strength. For instance, is the user currently using any other acne regimen or taking oral medication? What exfoliators is the user currently using? Have they had in office treatments such as Glycolic Peels or Microdermabrasion recently? Also, for those new to skincare, knowing which moisturizer to use is important.  I understand that this product is for sale to the public, in places other than salons and spas. In the salon, my first concern is always the best result for my client. Delivering what is best for each individual generally requires a consultation. I am surprised that the directions aren't more clear, or that the product isn't incorporated into a complete skin care routine. Or is this product a complete routine?


Have you tried Cane + Austin Treatment Pads?
What were your results? Please leave a comment below with your story.
To learn more about Cane + Austin, visit their WEBSITE.


And now for the disclaimer: 
My review of any product is only in my opinion and should be treated as such. It does not replace personal, professional skincare analysis. To ensure you are using the correct product for your skin type and for best results, please seek the advice of your skincare professional before starting any new skincare regimen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment