New Site!

Hello Friends! Follow this link to my newest site! JLopezArt

5.10.2010

My Daily Hair Care Regimen

My hair is long and naturally curly. It is fine, but thick. It takes a “village” of salon products, used together in just the right combination, to make my hair behave.

It is finally time to reveal my personal Hair Care regimen. I promised it to you weeks ago, and due to my recent city move, salon move, etc., I failed to do so. I apologize. So, without further adieu, here are the products I use on my hair and why.

Every Shampoo
Shampoo                        Biolage Normalizing Shampoo (This shampoo is great for fine hair)

Conditioner                   Biolage Detangling Solution (Just the right amount of detangling everyday, without unwanted moisture to weigh my hair down)

Once a Week Treatment
Clarifier                        Redken Hair Cleansing Cream Shampoo (This replaces my shampoo on this day-it prepares the hair for the following protein and moisture, removing all build-up that can dull the hair and stand in the way of my conditioning treatments)

Protein Treatment            Redken CAT Protein Reconstructor (5 minute treatment, no heat, no bag-this is what I call “Liquid Gold”. No other protein works as well to strengthen the structure of hair, in my opinion)

Moisture Treatment            Redken Real Control Intense Renewal Moisturizing Mask (Another 5 minute treatment, no heat, no bag. Can use up to 15 min.) Hair is more receptive to moisture if it has the protein it needs. That is why this treatment always follows my protein treatment.

This is my Hair Care regimen.  I will not receive any compensation for recommending these products. I actually believe in them and use them to take care of my hair. If you haven't tried these products, you might ask your stylist about them. They may work well for your hair, too. You may be asking yourself why I use different product lines and if that is even allowed. Well, yes, it is acceptable, and sometimes even necessary, to use a combination of products, as long as they are all Salon Quality Products.

Do you have curly or unruly hair? Do you battle frizz or splits?
Do you use any of the products I listed here? What do you use and why?
Please leave a comment and share your routine or favorite products.


No comments:

Post a Comment