New Site!

Hello Friends! Follow this link to my newest site! JLopezArt

1.20.2015

What's In The Beauty Box?

The following is a product review for which I was compensated in product. That being said, my reviews are always honest (sometimes painfully).

January 2015 Beauty Box 5 Review

In case you aren't familiar, Beauty Box 5 is a monthly subscription service that delivers 5 cosmetic samples to your door for a nominal fee. That's beauty goodness in your mailbox every month! It's awesome. If you love trying new products and embrace little surprises in your mailbox, you can grab a Beauty Box like this for your very own.

So What's in the Box?

This month's box is full of useful beauty goodies that I will thoroughly enjoy!

Garnier Fructis Daily Care Fortifying Shampoo


This shampoo smells extra-fruity and clean. It leaves the hair really shiny, but it weighed my fine hair down a bit. This travel size sample will be perfect to throw in my getaway bag.

UltraFlesh the Gold Standard Mascara in Blackout

If you're looking to plump up the fullness of your lashes, this mascara will do the trick! Although I was disappointed that it didn't lengthen my lashes, this little gold tube thickened up my lashes from the base and gave my eyes a rich, bold look.

Soft Soap Nutri Serums Vitamin E Body Wash

This Body Wash has Vitamin E as well as Omega 3 and 6 that are suppose to moisturize your skin. It has a sweet but fresh scent. 

Coastal Scents Eye Shadow

The first thing I did was smell these eye shadows. Why? Because they have "scents" in the name, silly. OK, they don't have A Scent, but they are outrageously heavy on the pigment and slightly shimmery. I like these colors - perfect for Spring!

Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips

These clever little fingertip decorations make a nail artist out of anyone. Just prep, peel, and stick. It actually takes more time than simply polishing your nails, but they come complete with nail art already on them. The biggest surprise for me was how long they last! I put them on the day I opened my box(5 days ago) and they are still intact! That may not seem like much to you, but considering between my kitchen at home and the shampoo bowl at the salon I am constantly in water, that is a feat! My only complaint is that these nail strips say they fit any nail, but even the widest strips could not completely cover my thumb nail. :(  Even with that being said, this is my favorite beauty goodie this month.



Want a Beauty Box of your very own?  Just Subscribe to Beauty Box 5 and enjoy!


Peace, Love and Beauty, 
Jodi 




Disclosure: Sometimes, I will be compensated if you click on certain links and decide to purchase the products I recommend. These recommendations are always based on a positive experience with the person or company whose product I am recommending.


No comments:

Post a Comment