New Site!

Hello Friends! Follow this link to my newest site! JLopezArt

5.27.2013

3 Tips to Combat Thinning Eyelashes

Image courtesy of Marin /FreeDigitalPhotos.net

Thinning happens.

It happens with the hair on the head, as well as the hair on the face.

As much as I hate to admit it, I have noticed my eyebrows are looking a little sparse as of late. Boo. I have learned to embrace the powdered brow filler. Works like a charm to add the look of substance to my brows.

But, with the eyelashes, well, they are a tricky lot. Adding substance to lashes gets a bit more difficult. Here are a few tips which I found to help combat thinning eyelashes:

1. Enhance lashes with makeup.

 Use a gel liner along the lash line to give the illusion of thicker lashes. Use mascara, but try to stay away from the stiff stuff, like the seriously waterproof kind that takes a week to remove. You may end up removing lashes along with the mascara. *Tip: Give your eyes a break from makeup on days you can. Pick one day a week to forego the mascara and allow your lashes time to "catch up."

2. Condition your lashes.

There are several types of eyelash conditioners out there. I really like gloMinerals Lash Thickener and Conditioner. *Tip: Go ahead and swipe a little over thinning brows while your at it. These conditioners often work very well on the eyebrows, as well as the lashes.



gloMinerals Lash Thickener & Conditioner


3. Baby those eyelashes

Don't rub your eyes, (your mother was right) as you can break off the lashes, especially if you are wearing a stiff mascara. Always use a gentle makeup remover, working in the direction of your lash growth. (no back and forth action) This not only helps save your lashes, but can help care for the delicate tissue around your eyes. My favorite:

 
Dermalogica Soothing Eye Make-Up Remover 4 oz


As with conditioners, swipe this over the eyebrows, too! I have recently added this to my skincare regimen with great results!

Don't let thinning lashes get the best of you. You can combat thinning eyelashes with a few easy steps. Make sure to always treat your eyes with extra special care and be gentle!

Do you have a tip to combat thinning eyelashes? What has worked for you? Please share in the comments below!

Peace, Love, and Beauty,
the Beauty Lady

Disclosure: Sometimes, I will be compensated if you click on certain links and decide to purchase the products I recommend. These recommendations are always based on a positive experience with the person or company whose product I am recommending. Pretty please, always do your OWN due-diligence before making any purchases. 

No comments:

Post a Comment