New Site!

Hello Friends! Follow this link to my newest site! JLopezArt

9.24.2012

My Answer to BB Cream

BB Creams are the latest Go-To beauty products for saving time and money. 

A BB Cream, also known as a beauty balm, is an all-in-one beauty solution.
While I love the idea of a time-saving product which can deliver primer, SPF, moisturizer, concealer, and makeup all-in-one, I can live without the hype.

I say hype because there is a craze for BB Creams throughout the beauty industry right now. Most cosmetic companies have their own version of a BB Cream. But, when it comes down to it, I don't want to change my whole beauty routine on hype alone. I need the facts, including the benefits of a new product. I want to be able to trust that it will deliver on its promises. Wouldn't it be nice if my go-to, trusted product line, Dermalogica, would come up with a BB Cream product of their own?

Oh, wait! They already did that. For all the many benefits and features promised by most BB Creams, Dermalogica already delivers.

A BB Cream, or beauty balm,  is beneficial for all the great things it does in one step. Here are two Dermalogica products that I believe do everything that BB creams claim and more.

Cover Tint with SPF 20
What it does:
  • covers with natural color, never artificial color
  • balances skin tone
  • softens lines
  • protects against UV rays
  • hydrates
  • smooths
  • evens skin like primer
  • moisturizes
*I use this product as my makeup. Apply with a sponge for a more sheer coverage. Use fingertips to apply if you need a more complete coverage.


Age Smart SkinPerfect Primer SPF 30
What it does:
  • firms skin
  • inhibits collagen damage
  • balances skin tone
  • brightens
  • protects against UV rays
  • preps skin for makeup ensuring long lasting makeup coverage 
  • fills in fine lines and corrects minor imperfections
  • provides smooth flawless complexion 

*The Skin Perfect Primer SPF 30 is one of my new favorite products. LOVE it.

If you want to try a BB Cream, go for it. It will be a great time saver for your everyday beauty routine. I will stick to what I know and use one of the products above. I already know the ingredients are effective and I have confidence that I will have great results. Along with all their benefits, the Dermalogica products are non-comedogenic and fragrance free. For me, a product doesn't have to say BB to be a great product.

Have you used a BB Cream? What do you love about it? Did it deliver on its promises? Please leave a comment below and share your experience with us.

Disclosure: Sometimes, I will be compensated if you click on certain links and decide to purchase the products I recommend. These recommendations are always based on a positive experience with the person or company whose product I am recommending. Pretty please, always do your OWN due-diligence before making any purchases and be a good steward of your money - never purchase anything that you cannot afford.

No comments:

Post a Comment