New Site!

Hello Friends! Follow this link to my newest site! JLopezArt

1.24.2011

Belegenza Haircare - a product review

The following is a product review for which I was compensated in products.





 I have been using Belegenza haircare products on myself and my clients for several weeks. The following is my review of the product line.






Belegenza is: 
Healthy beauty products for everyone. The product line includes haircare, styling products, and skincare. They strive to create Natural products with no side effects that are safe for the health and well-being of humans and the planet.

I used IlLustrous Shampoo & Cleanser and RoMANce Deep Conditioner.

What  Belegenza Claims:

  • Sulfate & salt-free, color safe shampoo 
  • Removes buildup and sulfates
  • Luxurious lather cleanses deeply and gently
  • Concentrated with vitamins, anti-oxidants, and anti-aging secrets
  • Adds shine 
  • Extends color life
  • Prevents split ends
  • Encourages faster hair growth


What Belegenza Does:
  • I did not notice any color fading with the shampoo 
  • The hair felt clean and free of buildup 
  • The lather was NOT luxurious, even with several shampoos 
  • Adds shine
  • Did not notice less split ends or faster growth
As for the styling product, I used PerForm.
From the website: PerForm is lightweight, controls frizz, locks out humidity, adds shine, eliminates flyaways, seals in moisture to hair and scalp while protecting hair from heat damage.

After using PerForm, my hair was frizzy and very flyaway when left in a curly style. Once I blowdried my hair straight, it was very shiny and sleek. It held the style for an adequate time.


My Overall Opinion: 


I love the concept of sulfate-free, as most clients are conscious of the ingredients. I like the pleasant fragrance of the products. I was concerned about the lack of lather with the Shampoo/Cleanser, but after reading the directions, first time users should use the product 2 or 3 times before they expect to see the luxurious lather. 

The in-salon clients I tried the product on seemed happy with their finished style and commented on the pleasant fragrance, as well. Since most of my clients use a lot of styling products, they may need to repeat that ritual of 2 or 3 shampoos each time, which would mean the product wouldn't last long, making the product very expensive.

However, for those who are health conscious and want earth-friendly products, it is worth looking into Belegenza products. There are many products in the line I did not have a chance to review, such as the products for thinning hair and the silicone-free shine. I am also now curious about the skincare line and may want to order some to try.

And now for the disclaimer: 
My review of any product is only in my opinion and should be treated as such. It does not replace personal, professional salon/client analysis. To ensure you are using the correct product for your hair and skin type and for best results, please seek the advice of your salon professional before starting any new product regimen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment