New Site!

Hello Friends! Follow this link to my newest site! JLopezArt

6.18.2014

June Beauty Goodness from Beauty Box 5

The following is a review for which I was compensated in product.


It's that time again...when my little box of beauty goodness arrives from Beauty Box 5!
In case you aren't familiar, Beauty Box 5 is a monthly subscription service that delivers 5 cosmetic samples to your door for a nominal fee. That's beauty goodness in your mailbox every month! It's awesome.

I look forward to receiving these monthly samples and trying new and exciting products. This month's selections included skincare, haircare, nail color, makeup and bath products.


Nicka K New York

Nail Color in Ripe Apple







                                                                                  











One coat red?! That's one coat on my nails in the picture. Covers great and matches the bottle in one coat. Has that ever happened with a red polish? How great in a time crunch!
Ripe Apple is a beautiful red which matches The Most Awesome Red Lipstick Ever, which I received in a previous delivery. (also from Nicka K) You want this nail color at the low retail price of $4.99. Like all monthly featured products, Nicka K New York is available on Beauty Box 5's website.

Professional Tip: I always apply red nail color over a clear base coat to avoid staining nails. I also use a top coat for longer lasting, chip-free nail color.

Vitabath

Body Wash in Dreamy Pink Frosting



First of all, I love that this body wash is paraben and sulfate-free. This body wash offers a luxurious skin-softening lather and a sweet-enough-to-eat fragrance. I have a feeling this will become a favorite of the granddaughter set.

Glam Natural

Mascara



How about a vegan mascara! This awesome mascara is gluten-free, paraben-free, and hypoallergenic - perfect for sensitive eyes. Yay! It also has a great brush, which lifts and extends the lashes without clumping. Good stuff!

Organix

Coconut Water Shampoo & Conditioner




I love, love, love my coconut! This shampoo and conditioner did not disappoint in the fragrance department. Absolutely luxurious lather-rinse-repeat experience. The products are very lightweight, just as they claim. Cleansing and refreshing. 

I would recommend this product for all hair types, however, the conditioner is probably too lightweight for chemically enhanced locks needing more (heavier) moisture. I wonder if Organix has a deep conditioner?

ESLOR Skincare

Introductory Collection Calming Kit


Since this is an honest review, as always, I have to say I was disappointed with the Eslor overall. I used the products and found the Soothing Refiner and Cleanser did its job to cleanse my skin, but the other products irritated my skin. 

The Replenshing Scrub was clumpy even after adding water to emulsify, as directed. The granules in the scrub were extra large and scarce and mostly I felt as though I was rubbing a clay mud all over my face, with very little scrub effect. 

The Comforting Mask was green and had a strange smell. I checked the ingredients and there is Seaweed Extract in there, so that could explain the color and the smell. Seaweed is often great for its antioxidant properties.

The Soothing Cream was awful and I had to remove it after only a few minutes. It just lay on top of my skin, never penetrating, and the longer I left it on, the more irritated my skin became. Very strange, as my dry skin soaks up everything!

Although I love the images of the Real packaging for these products, unfortunately, the foil sample packs were a disappointment. I know from experience that it takes more than one or two applications to determine how a product will react on and benefit the skin.

I know, that last product review was a little harsh. But I have to be honest. That's my job.

What would you say about those same products? Want to give it a try? Full size versions of all products featured in the monthly Beauty Box are available for purchase here

And if you love little surprises in your mailbox, you can grab a Beauty Box like this for your very own. Just Subscribe to Beauty Box 5 and enjoy!

Want to try it for the first time FREE? Follow me on Twitter and send me a tweet with the hashtag #FreeBeautySub . But hurry, offer expires on 6/30/14.


Peace, Love, and Beauty,
Jodi

Disclosure: Sometimes, I will be compensated if you click on certain links and decide to purchase the products I recommend. These recommendations are always based on a positive experience with the person or company whose product I am recommending.

No comments:

Post a Comment